Essentials Of The Transfer I-20 Form

Transfer form I-20, also commonly known as the F-1 form depicting the certificate of eligibility for non-immigrants. This is generally allocated to language and academics students.
This status is provided by the United States Department of Homeland Security, in accordance with the ICE and the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). These documents provide additional information pertaining to the F or M status of the students. Recently, the Student and Exchange Visitor Information (SEVIS) was introduced and contains a specific student tracking number along with the school code. The student status on which the form I-20 is granted is strictly for F-1, F-2, M-1, and M-2.    
The I-20 form is a flexible document which is issued by the United States government. It is applicable to only those educational institutions that certify that the prospective student is enrolled in a full time educational program. Another important factor that plays an important role in determining whether the student is eligible for the I-20 form or not is the financial stability of the student.
Eligibility Criteria
Any student can apply for an I-20 form if he/she wishes to study in the United States. Given this criteria, if any student holds a status other than the I-20, presenting the I-20 form is not necessary. However, children still dependent and falling under the E, H, I, J, L, M, N, O, P, R, or S status must get their status changed after their 21st birthday respectively. 

Process Of Creating An I-20 Form
On completion of the enrollment process, the institution in which the student has been admitted to collects evidence and information pertaining to the financial position and identification. The information collected is infiltrated into the SEVIS database. This is an important step as based on this information the I-20 form is produced. After this, the designated school official inspects and signs the document and finally hands it to the student. In case any changes have to be made in the document, the designated school officer will place a request to make the amendments through student and exchange visitor information system (SEVIS) in order to produce a new I-20 form.   

Usage Of The I-20 Form
If a student lives outside the U.S. and has received his I-20 form from the prescribed educational institution, he should then apply for the F-1 visa. This can be initiated at a U.S. embassy or a consulate. When at the terminal (U.S. port of entry) the F-1 as well as the I-20 forms, both are required for verification and hence, they must be presented in front of the U.S. customs and border protection officer. 
Once inside the united states, the I-20 form serves as a proof of legal as well as the educational status of the student.

Wish to file for an I-20 form but not sure of the process? Visit our website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benefits of attending evening classes in English

Why it is necessary to know English language in the corporate world?